Saturday, April 23, 2005

can i talk and write in english

Can i talk and write in english....?
heck, i don't know much about what to say in this matter. My tongue is quite 'stoned' in talking this language. There's just a small vocab in my head and i guess there's a lot to learn more.

But i do have a good background in this Queen's language. I still remember spending my leisure time during childhood reading britanicca encylopedia. and i still do read a lot of english material. If only those word would stick in my head, it would be much more easier.

In terms of grammar, i have a pretty bad one.. Really bad. actually i followed my mom's advice, "you speak it as long as it sound nice' and that's what i do until today. Muhahahaha. If you an english teacher surely you can notice how much error i have made. But the thing is, i got my sister to wag me for it. my oldest sister is an english lecturer at kolej MARA banting. She even studied at Masschatusestt (oh how do you spell this place) US. So, you know how good she is. And my second sister is also teaching english.. but she teaches it at secondary school (although she's a teacher, my mom always corrected her english) plus, my late sister.. rosemas, is also fluent in english. She's so good that people can't differentiate whether she's a malay or she's a chinese. So, that's my family.

Conquering this language is one thing. It's something i need to practice, in order not to lose it. (practice really hard!!!!) Yesterday, I called Mano Maniam, the Kopitiam actor and also president of a nature 'something' society. Damn, what a horrible experience it is for me. They say that if you talk smoothly it would be like the water flow, but what i talk yesterday is not even like a water, is more of an iceberg stuck in the water pipe. but what to do, a job is job, and he couldn't talk smoothly in 'bahasa'. His word wouldn't come out. So then, it is me who's talking the english. At least he understand. Thank god. I wonder if that story comes out.... hmm to think of i didn't read yet today's newspaper. muhahahaha (what a spoilt journalist i am)

-habis

No comments: